CEDAR COUNTY FAIR
The Cedar County Fair Board would like to thank you for your interest in the 2021 Cedar County Fair Queen Program and we look forward to getting to know you. We are very excited about the upcoming fair and want to make this a memorable and enjoyable experience for you.
Any young women between the ages of 16-21 who reside in Cedar County are eligible to apply and participate. These ladies need to be active in the community and positive role models. It is not limited to just those who are in FFA & 4H.
Please return the following application, quick facts sheet, and permission slips to Queen Coordinator, Molly Haub at PO Box 324, Tipton, IA 52772 or email to email@example.com by MAY 15, 2021. The follow events will be available to contestants to participate in (starred events are required):
- Contestant orientation & fun craft activity- May 31*
- Volunteering at fairground work nights
- Interview Practice, Poise Workshop, & Pizza Party- June 27
- Pre-fair picnic & rehearsal- TBD
- Tipton 4th of July parade*
- Judging- July 14*
- Coronation- July 14 @ 5 pm*
- Various activities at the 2021 Cedar County Fair*
A full schedule of events will be given at Orientation.
Throughout the entire competition judges will be basing their decision on personality, attitude, appearance & awareness, leadership, citizenship, overall appearance, charm, and poise. Competition consists of a group interview, one-on-one interview, and stage presence on Wednesday, July 14. Events prior to the fair will count towards the final decision, so your presence & participation is highly encouraged.
We are requesting that each Queen candidate have a sponsor. Any organization, church, business, or individual can sponsor a candidate. Each sponsor shall donate a minimum of $50 on the candidate’s behalf. This $50 will go towards prizes, activities & awards for the contestants. If you need assistance finding a sponsor, please contact Molly.
If you have any questions with regards to the above information or the application, please feel free to contact Molly Haub at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish all the candidates the best of luck!
THE CEDAR COUNTY FAIR PRINCESS INFORMATION
The Cedar Country Queen Committee and Fair Board would like to thank you for taking this opportunity to apply for the 2021 Cedar County Fair Princess Contest. We are very excited about the upcoming fair and want to make this a memorable one.
What you need to know:
- 10 Princess Candidates will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Any Cedar county residents age 4-8 may apply.
- Registration Due May 15, 2021.
- $15 registration fee due with application
- $20 sponsor fee with name and address due with applications as well.
- Mark your Calendar for the events coming up!
- Marked with ** means required
- Contestant orientation- Monday June 21st at 6pm**
- We will be making tutus to wear during 4th of July parade
- Ice cream social- Wednesday June 30th at 5:30 pm
- Making signs for parade
- Pre-fair picnic and Rehearsal- date TBD
- Volunteering on Wednesdays for fair clean-up
- Tipton’s 4th of July parade**
- Interviews- Monday July 12th**
- Sign up sheet will be available at orientation
- Coronation- Wednesday July 14th @ 5pm**
- Each Princess candidate will receive a princess sash, tiara, and a goodie bag.
- Judging is based on:
- Communication - both verbal and non-verbal
- Love for the fair
Please submit the attached application completed by mailing to:
Tanner Lodge at 28 Bradley Lane West Branch Ia, 52358
Or Email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Tanner at the above address or at
(319)-631-8228. We wish all the candidates the best of luck and hope everyone makes the best of this experience